1. Clean the tracks every month, or as necessary with compressed caned air, a vacuum, a hose and/or a paint brush.
2. When cleaning the tracks do not wipe the dirt directly into the housing canister. Wipe the tracks clean with a soft cloth and/or gentle detergent. (Do not scrub the extruded aluminum parts as this will damage the powder coated surface).
3. Let the tracks dry and then apply an even coat of Silicon spray to the top and bottom track. Remove the excess spray. Open and close the screen several times to lubricate each rail and end cap entirely.
1. Always make sure that the screen is not riding outside of the track. This will cause the screen to bend, fray, and/or snag when rolling back into the housing. (This is not under the warranty) In very windy conditions keep the screens back into the housing.
2. To clean the screen, vacuum using an upholstery brush. Carefully vacuum the inside and outside, taking caution not to snag the screen mesh itself and then use a screen mesh cleaning wipe. (These can be purchased from Complete Screens)
The 3 most common reasons for ripped and/or torn screens is caused by:
1. Dogs and/or cats sneaking out the bottom of the screen and ripping the screen at the pull bar. Plexi glass (an upgrade feature) is available for an additional fee to prevent this.
2. Young children lifting up (sneaking out) the bottom of the screen and ripping it away at the pull bar.
3. Guest over at your house, but not aware that a screen is in place and walking right thru the screen.